Education officials were Monday giving students assurances that their security would not be compromised as a second voice note emerged in Trinidad and Tobago warning of an attack on secondary schools here.
Education Minister Anthony Garcia has denounced the latest security threat describing it as the work of deranged minds trying to destabilize the country.
He said he had been given an assurance from National Security minister that the students should not panic and that school will resume as usual on Tuesday. Monday is a public holiday here.
Last week, security officials were investigating the authenticity of a recording that warned of bombings that would occur at some of the shopping malls across the island. One person has since been taken into custody after police said he had phoned in a threat last Thursday.
In this latest recording, the voice warns that “there will be no CXC examinations on Wednesday and there will be no school for any secondary school students on Wednesday.
The Barbados-based Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) has said that six Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Exam (CAPE) and three Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) exams are scheduled for June 1.



