Prime Minister Gaston Browne says no decision has been taken regarding the re-location of the Antigua-based cash-strapped regional airline, LIAT, to Barbados.
He said the Barbados Minister of Tourism and International Transport, Richard Sealy, may have been “misinformed or he spoke out of turn” if he is the source of a report that a decision had been taken on the matter.
“I know that Minister Sealy suggested that a decision has been taken to move LIAT’s headquarters, but that is not so. Perhaps he is either misinformed or he spoke out of turn, but the reality is there has been absolutely no discussions about moving LIAT’s headquarters,” Browne is quoted in the Wednesday edition of the Antigua Observer newspaper.
LIAT’s main shareholders are the governments of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, and St Vincent and the Grenadines and there have been speculation in the past that a shift in the airline’s headquarters would make much more sense financially for the airline that is grappling with its finances.



