Lifeless body found over the weekend has been identified
Investigators of the Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a black Haitian National male who was found earlier on (Saturday 18th June 2016).
RTC News has now learned from the Royal Turks & Caicos Islands police force that the body of that male who was found dead in the Kew Town area has been identified to be Jeanisland Michael Monhomme, 29 year old, of Kew Town.
What our newsroom was told is that around 5: 48am, mobile officers were patrolling the Kew Town area when upon reaching the public Park they found the lifeless body of Monhomme on the ground. He was dressed in a White T-shirt, black track pants with white stripes and white sneakers.
Investigators also added that they were aware that there was an event going on in the same park where many persons were gathered.
Investigators are now treating this as a murder and an update will be provided later this week to confirm the cause of death following an autopsy.
The RTCIPF is appealing to anyone who may have any information pertaining to this murder to please contact the police or crime stoppers.
LIVERPOOL DEFEATED BY SEVILLA IN EUROPA LEAGUE
Liverpool suffered a dramatic second-half collapse as Sevilla claimed the Europa League for the third season in succession with a superb comeback.
Jurgen Klopp's side looked on course to secure the prize of Champions League football - on offer to the winners of the competition - when Daniel Sturridge's magnificent strike with the outside of his left foot gave them the interval lead.
The good work was wrecked in the first 17 seconds of the second half when Kevin Gameiro turned in Mariano Ferreira's cross to put Sevilla level.
Liverpool, who were denied a clear first-half penalty when Sevilla's Daniel Carrico clearly handled as Roberto Firmino tried to weave past him, never recovered.
Coke's fine 64th-minute finish confirmed Sevilla's superiority and he added a contentious third from close range, which was initially disallowed but was then given as Liverpool slumped to their second final defeat this season after losing to Manchester City in the Capital One Cup.
Liverpool captain James Milner: "We never started in the second half and it is devastating. We didn't show anywhere near our ability and that is the biggest disappointment.
"We were ready, we made sure we said the right things at half-time. We gave a sloppy goal away and never got back into the game.
"The lineman's flag went up for the third goal but the referee gave it the other way. It is nothing to do with the referee, it is about us. We didn't do it on the night that mattered.
Rory McIlroy out to improve poor Irish Open record at K Club
Rory McIlroy is confident he can improve on his poor record in the Irish Open when he competes at this week's event at the K Club in County Kildare.
World number three McIlroy has missed the cut at his home event for the last three years and has recorded just two top-10 finishes in nine attempts.
"My performances haven't been what I'd want but it's a tournament I would love to win one day," said the 27-year-old.
"I feel like my game is in good enough shape to do that."
The Northern Irishman, who is tournament host for the second year, recorded his best result in 2008, when he finished seventh in his first full year as a professional.
Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia agrees £60m deal
Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia has agreed to buy relegated Aston Villa for £60m.
The deal, which is subject to Football League approval, would see Xia take 100% ownership and become chairman.
American billionaire Randy Lerner, who bought Villa in 2006 for £62.2m, put the club up for sale in 2014.
A club statement said Lerner "sought the right owner to take care of the club and restore fortunes" and believes Xia is an "excellent choice".
The Midlands club's new manager - likely to be Nigel Pearson or Roberto di Matteo - will be announced shortly.
Xia needs to pass the relevant owners' and directors' test, and provide proof of finance before formally completing his takeover.
Women's Football Day
All 41 of CONCACAF's Member Association will be celebrating and participating in its upcoming second annual Women's Football Day ("WFD") on Saturday, March 21, 2016 with all events kicking off at 11:00am. Each Member Association will participate in various activities such as grassroots festivals, matches and/or skill challenges.
The Turks & Caicos Islands Football Association ("TCIFA") will celebrate WFD by way of a 5 aside tournament at the TCIFA's National Academy. This tournament is open and free to all females and bears no age or experience restrictions.
"CONCACAF has created the Women’s Football Day as a unique initiative to encourage greater participation from women of all ages in the game, while showing how sport can have a positive impact on education, health, and development,” said CONCACAF Acting General Secretary Ted Howard. “We are convinced that there is an enormous growth potential within our region and we need to continue demonstrating that the sport offers significant opportunities to empower women beyond the pitch.”
UNICEF has committed to join in the celebration of Women's Football Day by way of promoting messages on social networks to assist with heightening the awareness of sports and gender equality.
Candia Ewing, General Secretary of TCIFA, stated "the Turks & Caicos Islands Football Association is committed to ensuring that girls and women have equal opportunities as boys and men within our programme. We believe that on-field opportunities such as national team players, coaches and game officials together with off-field field opportunities such as mentors, administrators, executive directors, etc. are open to all regardless of gender. We are also happy to say that both CONCACAF and FIFA share in the gender equality vision.
All football fans and participants are encouraged to use the following hashtags when promoting the WFD on social media: #WFD and/or #CONCACAFWFD.
PABA Semi Finals
PABA semi finals continue this weekend as the five cays knights and the police badgers look to close out their opponents and move on To the PABA finals.
The 3 time defending champs gt stallions face an uphill task after being down 0-2 and must win 3 games if they will make it to the finals. The south Caicos harbor BALLERS face the same dilemma as they face the handcuffs of the Police badgers.
Scores from last Saturday night game saw the knights defeating the stallions 97-80. Mike Cumberland returned to the Knights lineup after missing game 1 to score 22 pts 7 Rebs 6 assist. 3 stls. Melvin Elsie assisted him with 20 pts. 3 Rebs 3 assists 3 steal. Clifton Jean was the most productive stallions player with 22 pts 4 Rebs.
In game 2 south Caicos suffered another setback when they surrendered to the Police 98-74. Jonathon Paul was the highpoint man for the harbor BALLERS with 15 pts. 6 Rebs. Keeli penn chipped in with 14 pts. 7 Rebs.
Scoring was balanced among the badgers with Saundro Germain leading the way with 27 pts 16 Rebs. Peterson SYLVAIN. 22 pts.
Dwaine Simnons 17 pts. 6 Rebs. Kjana Doughty 15 pts 7 Rebs. And Jakie been 15 pts 8 Rebs.
Will there be a game four or will the mighty stallions be tamed by the giants of the mighty five cays knights and will the harbor BALLERS remain at port under the tight security of the police badgers or escape on the high seas of a much needed victory or seek bail to play another game?
Come out on Friday night as we seek answers to these pressing questions in the PABA semi finals!
Nigerian President Vows Rescued 'Chibok Girl' Will Get Good Care
Nigeria's president pledged Thursday that his government would take care of Amina Ali, the first of the "Chibok girls" to be rescued from Boko Haram militants.
Ali, 19, appeared before journalists with her mother, her crying infant and a nurse at the Aso Rock presidential villa in Abuja. President Muhammadu Buhari, governors, cabinet ministers and dozens of photographers were on hand to greet her.
Ali said nothing during the news conference that followed, sitting slumped in a chair while a nurse held her baby.
Ali is being debriefed by Nigerian military officials. Buhari said the Nigerian government would ensure that she received "the best medical, psychological, emotional and whatever other care she requires to make her full recovery and be integrated fully into the society.”
The Nigerian army said later Thursday that a second schoolgirl kidnapped by Boko Haram militants had been rescued. No details were released.
NATO Unity Seen Against ISIS, Russia Challenges
NATO military chiefs now have a cohesive approach to security challenges that member nations face to the east and south, the top U.S. general said Thursday.
Joint Chiefs Chairman General Joe Dunford said alliance members had a “common site picture” during Wednesday’s NATO Chiefs of Defense Summit and were able to look at security issues with a more overarching strategy.
Dunford and his predecessor, General Martin Dempsey, expressed frustration after previous chiefs of defense meetings, in which alliance members bickered over whether NATO should prioritize its focus on the threat of Russian aggression to the east or the threat of Islamic State fighters to NATO’s south.
U.S. leaders had urged alliance members to focus on both threats at once, despite individual national security interests, in what Dunford referred to as a “360” approach.
Teams Search for Wreckage of Egypt Jet at Sea
Search teams in the Mediterranean continued to look Thursday for the Egypt Air jet believed to have crashed into the sea as it approached Cairo on a flight from Paris.
Earlier reports that the plane's wreckage had been located near a Greek island were incorrect. Authorities said late Thursday that they had not confirmed that any debris from the plane had been found.
Egypt said terrorism was a more likely cause of the disaster than technical failure, but no definitive information was available.
Egypt Air said the Airbus A320, with 66 people on board, disappeared from radar about 2:30 a.m. Cairo time, when it was 11,000 meters above the Mediterranean, and just 16 kilometers inside Egyptian airspace.
In Cairo, Egyptian Aviation Minister Sherif Fathy said France would be responsible for any security lapse if terrorism was found to be the cause of the crash.
Fathy also offered the theory that terrorism loomed larger than mechanical problems as the possible cause of the crash.
US Embassy suspends visas in Venezuela over staff shortages
The US Embassy in Caracas is suspending appointments for Venezuelans seeking first-time tourist and business visas due to staff shortages it blames on President Nicolas Maduro’s Government.
The embassy says on its website that it will no longer take appointments. But it says it will continue to provide a limited number of slots for Venezuelans renewing visas and other applicants.
The Embassy says Venezuela’s foreign ministry has, for months, refused to issue visas to US Embassy personnel, leading to a staff shortage that’s caused a large backlog of unprocessed applications. It’s also prevented visits by technicians to maintain the consulate’s computer systems.
Last year Maduro ordered the US to slash embassy staffing in retaliation for what he said was efforts to destabilize his rule.
