At least five people have been killed in an attack on a bar in the north-eastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri, officials say.
The bar was thought to be frequented by soldiers and policemen sent to Maiduguri to reinforce security.
This is the second such attack, with at least 25 people killed last Sunday.
Officials have blamed these killings on the Boko Haram group, which wants to establish an Islamic state in northern Nigeria.
“Five people have been confirmed dead while 10 others sustained various degrees of injuries,” said Major General Jack Nwaogbo, commander of a joint police and military taskforce in Maiduguri.
He said the attack was carried out around 1730 (1630 GMT).
Boko Haram has carried out a number of bombings in north-eastern Nigeria, as well as an attack on police headquarters in the capital Abuja earlier this month.
The group’s trademark has been the use of gunmen on motorbikes.
Two years ago Nigerian security forces brutally suppressed an uprising by Boko Haram, destroying their compound and then killing their leader in custody, says the BBC’s Jonah Fisher in Lagos.
Instead of disappearing, the group has regrouped and now appear to have the funding and expertise to launch attacks on an almost daily basis, our correspondent adds.



